Sunday, July 3, 2011

Comparing wih ASX200

Previously, I've mentioned about a study that says that not many funds, even those run by professionals, are able to beat the Index over the long term. Thus, I would like to track my portfolio against ASX200 (XJO), an index that could be bought. When I buy or sell shares, I also buy or sell the ASX200. The thing is that I do not incorporate dividend in the ASX200 and, on the other hand, I do not incorporate management fees, which is charged by all fund, in my portfolio.

The 2010 was not a good year for my portfolio, even though the All Ord rise up 7%. The total for 2009 & 2010 for my portfolio is -5.7% while mine ASX200 is +3.5%. That is a very wide difference and it is not very good. In FY2009, it was a different story. My portfolio is -1.5% and ASX200 is -2.4%. Not a bad performance in 2009.

However, I am very optimistic and I will continue my share activity. This year, however, I will cut down my share buying. Hopefully, this year will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment